On 11/28/2017 9:30 AM, John Clark wrote:
On Mon, Nov 27, 2017 at 9:31 PM, Brent Meeker <meeke...@verizon.net <mailto:meeke...@verizon.net>>wrote:

        ​>> ​
        I think think the string theory Multiverse is related to the
        inflation theory Multiverse and both are related to the  Everett
        ​/​
        ​D​
        eutsch Multiverse. When 3 different theories independently
        point in the same direction nature may be trying to tell you
something.

    ​> ​
    They don't point in the same direction.  The string theory and
    inflation theory multiverse posits different universes with
    different physical parameters due to random symmetry breaking.
    Everett/Deutsch assume the same physics

​
All 3 assume the same physics.
​ ​
There must be some basic fundamental physical principles that remain the same in every string universe and every
​ ​
Everett/Deutsch
​ ​
universe, although we don't know what they are, we don't know what's really fundamental and what is not. 400 years ago Kepler tried to derive the fact that there are 7 and only 7 planets from pure mathematics but he failed to do so, he failed for 2 reasons, it turns out there are more than 7 planets and he failed because the number of planets is not a fundamental law of logic or physics but is a result of random happenstance. Some of the laws of physics that we think of as fundamental may be like that, they are only true in this universe. But there must be some laws of physics that are true in every universe, I'd bet money that the second law of thermodynamics is one of them
​,​
but there will be others.

And how is the Eternal Inflation Multiverse fundamentally different from the String Theory Multiverse?

I didn't say they were different from each other; I said they were different from the mulitple worlds of Everett which all share the same physics with the same physical constant values.