On the stackexchange I presented
<https://physics.stackexchange.com/questions/257476/how-did-the-universe-shift-from-dark-matter-dominated-to-dark-energy-dominate/257542#257542>
 FLRW
cosmology. The important equation is

(a'/a)^2 = 4πGρ/3

for a' = da/dt. The parameter a is a scale factor and the distance and
velocity of a distant galaxy is v = xa' and d = xa. This equation also is
the same as (a'/a)^2 = H^2 or that v = Hd. This is the Hubble relationship
with the Hubble parameter H. The x in this is the standard ruler. This is
determined by other means. The earliest such ruler was from Cepheid
variables. Now for great distances type I supernovae are used. The value of
the Hubble parameter is about 70m/s-Mpc. However as I indicated in my post
on the big rip there is a growing chasm between this value as determined by
the CMB and by galactic measurements.

LC