On Sunday, February 4, 2018 at 12:15:16 AM UTC-7, agrays...@gmail.com wrote:

> On Saturday, February 3, 2018 at 7:45:16 PM UTC-7, John Clark wrote:
>>
>> On Sat, Feb 3, 2018 at 9:03 PM, <agrays...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> ​>> ​
>>>>

>> *​> ​Because any distinguishable intelligible signal is attenuated to
>>> noise when it traverses a few light years in distance.*
>>>

>> ​
>> Nonsense.
>>

> *I'll let LC reply. He was pretty sure of his conclusion, and as I recall
> there were no dissenters on another MB having some physicists as
> contributors including Brent.  LC might have been referring to a particular
> wave length used by SETI (the "water hole"?). AG*

*As I recall, LC was referring to radio waves emanating from radio
broadcasts. In any event, there some obvious possibilities why we have not
made EM contact with extraterrestrials. Maybe the Milky Way is too young
for a galactic civilization to come into existence, and/or, advanced
civilizations might decide NOT to broadcast due to the possible existence
of predator species.  As for your definitive negative evaluation of Roswell
having been an alien contact, I fail to see any basis for your conclusion
other than bias. AG *