On 6/20/2018 4:51 AM, Telmo Menezes wrote:
Hi Bruno,

I follow your reasoning, from one of your recent articles. This leaves
me dissatisfied, but if I try to verbalize this dissatisfaction I feel
stuck in a loop. Perhaps this illustrates your point.

We might need to do some detour about what it would mean to explain
consciousness, or matter.
I might ask myself if you are not asking too much, perhaps. Eventually,
something has to remain unexplainable for reason of self-consisteny. I suspect
it will be just where our intuition of numbers or combinators, or of the
distinction finite/infinite comes from (assuming mechanism), or just why we
trust the doctor!
I thought about it for some time. It seems that at a meta level, we
are always stuck in this situation of "give me one miracle for free
and everything else becomes explainable". The miracle can be matter,
or consciousness, or arithmetic.

Do you see that is just another form of my circle of virtuous explanation.  Start wherever you understand or accept the starting point and then you can go around the circle and get to everything else.