> On 19 Oct 2018, at 00:20, John Clark <johnkcl...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> On Thu, Oct 18, 2018 at 9:21 AM Bruno Marchal <marc...@ulb.ac.be
> <mailto:marc...@ulb.ac.be>> wrote:
>
> > the idea that there are moment where we are not conscious is very natural,
> > but it is not a fact, it is a theory,
>
> Then can you name something, anything, that IS a fact and not a theory?

Could you quote what you said before. Just to better understand. I was
answering you.
An exemple of a fact is that  am conscious right now, then, we can take many
observations as facts, like the presence of far away galaxies, Higgs boson,
etc. I am OK to count the elementary arithmetical facts. I take as a fact that
the sum of the inverse of the naturel numbers exponent some number s is the
product of the inverse of the opposed of the inverse of the primes numbers,
exponent that number.
It is also a fact that elementary arithmetic emulate (in the sense of Turing,
Church, Kleene, etc.) all computations. Even the tiny sigma_1 complete part of
it.

But I am not sure how you could test that you have been unconscious. Some
conscious experience are not memorisable, or hardly so.

> > probably selected by evolution,
>
> Evolution can't select for something it can't see and it can't see your
> consciousness any better than I can, but I can see your intelligent behavior
> and so can Evolution.

OK. I meant selected through evolution.

Bruno