On Wed, Nov 28, 2018 at 3:05 AM Philip Thrift <cloudver...@gmail.com> wrote:

> *What in matter is not simulatable in arithmetic is experience.*

That's just a specific example of a more general concept, change. If you
have an experience you have changed, you're different than if you did not
have the experience.  Matter can change, arithmetic can't.

> *Matter has experientiality, not mere informationality. *

I don't see the distinction, information describes a change in matter, an
experience needs a change and matter is the only known thing that can
change.

*> This runs counter to most current consciousness science,*

There is intelligence science but there is no such thing as consciousness
science, at least none that I've heard of.

> *> There are 3 or 4 consciousness science conferences in 2019.*

And I would bet money not one of them will produced anything new about
consciousness,
although no doubt there will be 6.02*10^23 consciousness theories
presented, each one as good (or bad) as the other and all of them
untestable and impossible to falsify.

> > *A purely informational world could be emulated in arithmetic.*

Arithmetic never changes in time or space so it can't emulate anything
without the help of something that can change, and that can only mean
matter. Anything with the capacity to change will do and that's why one
carbon atom is a good as another.

John K Clark