On 3/10/2019 6:45 AM, Bruno Marchal wrote:

On 9 Mar 2019, at 01:16, 'Brent Meeker' via Everything List <everything-list@googlegroups.com <mailto:everything-list@googlegroups.com>> wrote:

On 3/8/2019 2:28 AM, Bruno Marchal wrote:
Why is the probability not 1.0.  Why is there any effect at all in any
continuation?  Why is experience dependent on physics, if it is just a matter
of timeless arithmetical relations.
Because to get physics you need to be able to make prediction.

But why do you need to "get physics".  You seem to be arguing backwards from the conclusion you want.  You know you need to get physics to make a prediction, otherwise your theory is useless.  So then you argue that therefore substituting for brain parts is necessary because that makes "getting physics" necessary.

I don’t understand. What do you mean by “substituting brain parts is necessary”. It is my working hypothesis.

But then you reach a contradiction that brain parts don't exist and are irrelevant to thought.

It is the exactly same hypothesis made by Darwin, and most scientists since. That physics has to be recovered from arithmetic is shown to be a consequence of that theory. And the proofs I have given is constructive, so it explains how to recover physics from arithmetic. Most of the weirdness of quantum physics becomes indisputable arithmetic facts. In fact, the classical, or quasi classical part of physics is far more difficult to be derived, but it has still to be derivable, unless Mechanism is false (in which case we are back at the start).

Keep in mind that with Mechanism, physicalism is already refuted.

A tautology: With Communism, capitalism is already refuted.

With physicalism, you need a god to select a computation, or a collection of computation, to make a prediction. But if that God exists, you cannot say that you survive a digital substitution of the brain *qua computation”. You can still say yes to a doctor, invoking the strangest magical abilities of your god or another.

If you doubt this, just tell me how A Nature, or a Primary Matter, or any God, select the computation which all occurs, are executed in the (sigma_1) arithmetical reality.

If you argue that the computation in arithmetic are not real, you again invoke your god. The word “real” has to be avoid in science, especially in theology when done with the scientific method.

But you invoke your god to justify your argument for your god: /In fact, the classical, or quasi classical part of physics is far more difficult to be derived, but it has still to be derivable, *unless Mechanism is false* (in which case we are back at the start).

/Brent/
/