> On 15 Apr 2019, at 11:04, Philip Thrift <cloudver...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> If our physics is in a number, is Game of Thrones physics
>
> The physics of Game of Thrones
> https://winteriscoming.net/2017/09/29/neil-degrasse-tyson-cant-stop-talking-physics-game-thrones/
>
> <https://winteriscoming.net/2017/09/29/neil-degrasse-tyson-cant-stop-talking-physics-game-thrones/>

That would be the mistake of Dgital Physics/Physicalism.

It is like saying that some program u generate the physical universe. That is
not entirely excluded from the mechanist hypothesis, but even if that is the
case, such an u (and of course all the u’ such that phi_u = phi_u’
extensionally) must be derived from elementary arithmetic, if mechanism is
correct.

But that can be shown to be not quite plausible, as this would make our
substitution level so low that the only “artificial brain” possible would be
the entire physical universe. In that case, most of our biology and physics
would be false. It is such a weakening of Mechanism, that it would make
Mechanism wrong FAPP, contradicting all the evidences that we have for
Mechanism, like evolution, molecular biology or quantum physics.

> in another number?
>
> Or: Is there a a GoT reality?

Sure there is, but not a fundamental one, capable of explaining (every)thing.

Bruno