On Thursday, April 18, 2019 at 3:56:54 PM UTC+2, Bruno Marchal wrote:

> On 18 Apr 2019, at 12:17, Philip Thrift <cloud...@gmail.com <javascript:>>
> wrote:
>

> The puzzle is that if one looks at the literal SM formula shown here:
>

> https://www.sciencealert.com/images/Screen_Shot_2016-08-03_at_3.20.12_pm.png
>

> It is somehow justified by the data, and some theoretical ideas, in the
> book by Alain Connes and Matilde Marcolli: Non Commutative Geometry,
> Quantum Filed and Motives. That is page 167 of that book, and I am not up
> there.
> Yet, the main ideas are rather well explained in the more readable book by
> Vic. Stenger.
>

> Unfortunately, even if the correct universal quantum field theory is
> successfully extracted from the elementary arithmetic of the prime number,
> or other sort of numbers, that would still be not quite satisfactory, for a
> computationalist, because that theory should still be extracted from
> arithmetic through the mathematics of arithmetical self-reference to get
> right the distinctions and the relations between the first person plural
> quanta and the first person singular quanta, beyond to get right the reason
> of the physical observations existence.

Point taken Russell but I don't believe in age yet ;-). Concerning the
statement quoted above: Why not reach out to Alain or his followers, get
together with all the heavy Georgian and Russian folk, Block Esakia
followers, Brent, Russell, Bruno, Telmo kicking ass, and after everybody
wrestles to grok the other sides somewhat, see what happens? Maybe the
thing will prove intractable for the time being or it won't. We never know
until we try so why not just do that? Sitting around typing and crying
about it for years won't clarify that: people could. Good faith, proper
organization, appropriate resources could. PGC