> On 29 May 2019, at 19:38, Philip Thrift <cloudver...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> On Wednesday, May 29, 2019 at 8:27:36 AM UTC-5, Bruno Marchal wrote:
>
>> On 28 May 2019, at 19:57, Philip Thrift <cloud...@gmail.com <javascript:>>
>> wrote:
>>
>> n Tuesday, May 28, 2019 at 6:30:08 AM UTC-5, Bruno Marchal wrote:
>>
>> On 27 May 2019, at 20:20, Philip Thrift <cloud...@gmail.com <>> wrote:
>>
>> If you are a real materialist (Strawson's term), then consciousness is a
>> property of  (at least) the matter that fills up our skulls. Consciousness
>> is 100% material.
>>
>> That has no meaning for me. Could you send me 5g of consciousness, tell me
>> how it reacts, etc.
>>

>> Bruno
>>

>> Would you like a bug
>>

>> https://www.smithsonianmag.com/science-nature/do-insects-have-consciousness-180959484/
>>
>> <https://www.smithsonianmag.com/science-nature/do-insects-have-consciousness-180959484/>
>>
>> or a small mouse
>>
>>    https://splice-bio.com/origins-of-consciousness/
>> <https://splice-bio.com/origins-of-consciousness/>
>>
>> https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2016/07/13/485830648/a-mouse-watches-film-noir-and-offers-clues-to-human-consciousness
>>
>> <https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2016/07/13/485830648/a-mouse-watches-film-noir-and-offers-clues-to-human-consciousness>
>>

>> ?
>

> Phillip. I don’t see the relation between the likes and my point. It would be
> easier to make your  point, and add the links only for those wanting more
> information, or details.

You told me that consciousness is material. Please extract it from the bug, and
send me 5g of pure consciousness extract.

I have few doubt that insect and arthropodes have some first person (conscious)
experience, so if consciousness is material, you should succeed in extracting
it from the bug.

Bruno