> On 10 Oct 2019, at 09:33, Philip Thrift <cloudver...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> On Wednesday, October 9, 2019 at 3:59:50 PM UTC-5, John Clark wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 9, 2019 at 4:55 PM Philip Thrift <cloud...@gmail.com
> <javascript:>> wrote:
>
> > Other interpretations (but not MWI, as far as I can see) are used in
> > writing programs for computational QM.
>
> Like what?
>
> John K Clark
>

> Multiple Histories.

Then if you define a world by a set of events close for interaction, many
histories implies the “usual many world”, but some called it one world, by
equivocating the many-Histories with the One multiverse. It remains that if you
look at the cat, your history will still differentiate.

Many-worlds and many-histories are slight variants of the same idea, and they
are not even defined so precisely that we can differentiate them from the
internal many-histories that we have in arithmetic or any Turing. Complete
theory.

It is true that Mechanism makes the approach by Gelman and Hartle, or Griffith
and Omnes more senseful, as with mechanism, there is no world” in the
Aristotelian sense of “world” or “universe”. The states are epistemic, first
person plural, notions.

Bruno