On 11/22/2019 1:33 PM, John Clark wrote:
On Fri, Nov 22, 2019 at 3:02 PM 'Brent Meeker' via <everything-list@googlegroups.com <mailto:everything-list@googlegroups.com>> wrote:

        >>Why does the act of measurement seem to override the evolution
        of Schrödinger's wave function, and what exactly does a
        "measurement" even mean? Many Worlds is the only
        interpretation that can give a credible answer to that question

    /> The epistemological interpretation also gives a credible answer./

We now know thata measurementis possible without interacting with the thing being measured:

Interaction-free measurement <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interaction-free_measurement>

So we could place such a device at one slit in the 2 slit exparament so we would know which slit the photons went throughand if we do there will be no interference pattern, but if we turn the device off the interference pattern willcome right back. If there is a credible epistemological explanation for this very strange behavior I have never heard it.

The person who knows the slit detector is on makes a different prediction of the screen pattern.