On Wednesday, February 5, 2020 at 6:42:05 AM UTC-6, Alan Grayson wrote:

> On Wednesday, February 5, 2020 at 5:10:53 AM UTC-7, Lawrence Crowell wrote:
>>

>> On Wednesday, February 5, 2020 at 6:05:54 AM UTC-6, Alan Grayson wrote:

>>> *Do you agree that if any parameter of our universe logically allows
>>> some continuum of values, PR fails? Or if our universe is finite in spatial
>>> extent, PR fails? AG*
>>>

>> No
>>
>> LC
>>

> https://physics.stackexchange.com/questions/94122/is-poincare-recurrence-relevant-to-our-universe
>
> The Poincaré recurrence theorem will hold for the universe only if the
> following assumptions are true:
>
>    1. 1) All the particles in the universe are bound to a finite volume.
>    2. 2) The universe has a finite number of possible states.
>
> If any of these assumptions is false, the Poincaré recurrence theorem will
> break down.

FLRW and de Sitter spacetimes have spacelike boundaries for initial and
final states. In an ideal set of circumstances the final future Cauchy data
is in the infinite future. However, this is for a pure spacetime that is a
conformal vacuum. The existence of matter or radiation breaks this
conformal invariance. Conformal symmetry is a spacetime form of the
Huygens' condition for light rays, and if conformal invariance is broken
then the spatial surface in the future is not at "t =  ∞," but a finite
time.

LC