On Fri, Mar 4, 2022 at 4:05 AM smitra <smi...@zonnet.nl> wrote:

> On 03-03-2022 01:05, Bruce Kellett wrote:
> > On Thu, Mar 3, 2022 at 10:50 AM John Clark <johnkcl...@gmail.com>
> > wrote:

> >> Many worlds can explain all known experimental results without
> >> resorting to non-local influences because many worlds is not a
> >> realistic theory.
> >
> > In that case, if you believe that MWI is local, give me the local
> > account of Bell-type correlations of spin measurements at spacelike
> > separations. I will salute you if you can do this, because no one else
> > has ever managed in the past. Realism is completely beside the point.
> >
> > Bruce
>
> It's trivial, as the dynamics is described by a Hamiltonian that only
> contains local interactions

All local Hamiltoinans contain only local interactions. The point here is
that the correlations are not determined by a local Hamiltonian. Consider
this:
    All local interactions are separable (have separable states).
    The entangled triplet state is not separable.
    Therefore it is not local.

This mans that all non-local effects arise
> via common cause effects. The creation of the entangled pair of spins
> happens at some space-time point, so it's the result of local
> interactions. The later when Alice and Bob each receive one of the two
> spins, they get correlated with the spins they measure, because they and
> their measurement gear consist of particles that evolve according to the
> Schrodinger equation too and that evolution also only involves local
> interactions. This then causes Bob and Alice to evolve in superpositions
> that are correlated as a result of the initial entanglement of the spin.

But the effect of that initial entanglement is only non-locally available
at the point of Alice's and Bob's separate measurements. So your account
has not eliminated the non-locality -- you have just disguised it by
calling it a "common cause" effect. That common cause is only non-locally
available to Alice and Bob.

Bruce