From: Jesse Mazer <laserma...@gmail.com>
To: everything-list@googlegroups.com
Sent: Tue, Mar 22, 2022 11:34 pm
Subject: Re: The Nature of Contingency: Quantum Physics as Modal Realism

If you are looking to build a toy model showing how Bell inequality violations
can be explained locally in a scenario where each measurement results in
multiple local copies of the experimenter, there is no good reason to impose
the restriction that a given measurement which can yield one of two possible
results (spin-up or spin-down) only results in two local copies, as opposed to
say 4 copies of Bob that saw spin-up on that measurement, and 4 copies of Bob
that saw spin-down, and likewise 4 copies of Alice that saw spin-down and 4
copies of Alice that saw spin-up.
Suppose for example we are dealing with a Bell type experiment where if Alice
and Bob both choose the same polarizer angle, they are guaranteed to see the
same result, but if they choose different polarizer angles, they see the same
result only 1/4 of the time, according to QM predictions (these probabilities
would violate one of Bell's inequalities and thus be impossible to explain with
one-universe local realism without superdeterminism). Then if both are split 8
ways as above, when they get together locally to compare results, if it turns
out that they both chose the same detector angle, the universe can match the 4
spin-up Bob copies with the 4 spin-up Alice copies and likewise match the 4
spin-down Bobs to the 4 spin-down Alices. But if they chose different angles,
when they get together locally the universe can match up 3 of the spin-up Bobs
with 3 spin-down Alices, and 1 spin-up Bob with 1 spin-up Alice, while also
matching the 3 spin-down Bobs with 3 spin-up Alices, and 1 spin-down Bob with 1
spin-down Alice. This will give a nice frequentist explanation of the QM
prediction that there is only a 1 in 4 chance of them getting the same result
when they choose different angles.
This kind of local splitting with subsequent matching of copies when they get
together to compare results will still work even if they perform a long
sequence of measurements before getting together to compare results, I gave you
a description of how the splitting-and-matching rule would work in this case in
the last few paragraphs of my message at
https://www.mail-archive.com/everything-list@googlegroups.com/msg91022.html

Jesse