On 3/22/2022 8:34 PM, Jesse Mazer wrote:
If you are looking to build a toy model showing how Bell inequality violations can be explained locally in a scenario where each measurement results in multiple local copies of the experimenter, there is no good reason to impose the restriction that a given measurement which can yield one of two possible results (spin-up or spin-down) only results in two local copies, as opposed to say 4 copies of Bob that saw spin-up on that measurement, and 4 copies of Bob that saw spin-down, and likewise 4 copies of Alice that saw spin-down and 4 copies of Alice that saw spin-up.

Suppose for example we are dealing with a Bell type experiment where if Alice and Bob both choose the same polarizer angle, they are guaranteed to see the same result, but if they choose different polarizer angles, they see the same result only 1/4 of the time, according to QM predictions (these probabilities would violate one of Bell's inequalities and thus be impossible to explain with one-universe local realism without superdeterminism). Then if both are split 8 ways as above, when they get together locally to compare results, if it turns out that they both chose the same detector angle, the universe can match the 4 spin-up Bob copies with the 4 spin-up Alice copies and likewise match the 4 spin-down Bobs to the 4 spin-down Alices. But if they chose different angles, when they get together locally the universe can match up 3 of the spin-up Bobs with 3 spin-down Alices, and 1 spin-up Bob with 1 spin-up Alice, while also matching the 3 spin-down Bobs with 3 spin-up Alices, and 1 spin-down Bob with 1 spin-down Alice. This will give a nice frequentist explanation of the QM prediction that there is only a 1 in 4 chance of them getting the same result when they choose different angles.

No matter what the angles are the splits are 50/50 if the interactions are local because the photons are circularly polarized, so a linear filter passes half independent of the angle.

Brent

This kind of local splitting with subsequent matching of copies when they get together to compare results will still work even if they perform a long sequence of measurements before getting together to compare results, I gave you a description of how the splitting-and-matching rule would work in this case in the last few paragraphs of my message at https://www.mail-archive.com/everything-list@googlegroups.com/msg91022.html

Jesse