On 25-03-2022 23:51, Bruce Kellett wrote:
On Sat, Mar 26, 2022 at 9:00 AM smitra <smi...@zonnet.nl> wrote:

On 25-03-2022 22:13, Brent Meeker wrote:
On 3/25/2022 1:06 PM, smitra wrote:

I explained in the other rely why this is false. The known
fundamental
laws of physics are local.

I don't know what that means.  Fundmental interactions are local.
But
that locality is what makes the bit sequences written by Alice and
Bob
in their notebooks statistically independent and hence violating
Bell's inequality which in turn implies some non-local effect.  So
the
result is non-local by any definition of "local" I'm aware of.

The violation of Bell's inequalities implies a non-local effect in
case
of deterministic theories,

You will have to explain this in more detail. It is MWI that is the
deterministic theory; ordinary QM is not deterministic. The local
hidden variable account of the QM predictions that people seek is a
deterministic theory, involving local FTL interactions. But Bell's
theorem rules out such local HV theories. So we are left with QM,
which is non-local. No local explanation of the Bell correlations is
possible.

MWI is deterministic, but it's not a hidden variable theory. Bell's theorem is proved by assuming you have local hidden variables that specify the outcomes of experiments and then deriving inequalities that certain correlations should satisfy. QM violates the Bell inequalities, which means that there cannot be an underlying local hidden variable model for QM. But QM itself can be local, Bells's theorem does not address theories that are not local hidden variable theories.

QM itself provides a local explanations for all experimental outcomes, including for the Bell correlations.

it doesn't apply to QM assuming that QM is
fundamental. See e.g. this comment by Sidney Coleman:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtyNMlXN-sw&t=1958s

Put Coleman's point in your own words and then we can discuss it.

He makes the same points as I made about QM being a local theory.

Bruce

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/everything-list/CAFxXSLTpkc1-cjaiDZrnpk4aDOFwtauRo%2Bimm-K_NK-g-nQWqg%40mail.gmail.com
[1].

Links: