On 26-04-2022 22:16, Brent Meeker wrote:
On 4/26/2022 11:38 AM, smitra wrote:

You do realize don't you that if you take this view you've made QM
personal and epistemic so we can forget all the MWI muddle and adopt

QBism whose only problem is that what you think reality is, is
personal.

One may get to something that looks like QBism, but one cannot
conclude that reality is personal within the framework that I
suggest.

Why not.  Each algorithm has it's own data, it's own prior, and so
it's own idea of reality.  Sounds like QBism to me.

Yes, but QBism is more than just that, it makes assumptions like there
not being a universal wavefunction.
But in your version the universal wave function is an otiose
assumption, a fiction put on top of the algorithmic experiences.

Given some algorithm, we can in principle compute the probability of it processing some dataset when given an initial condition and a fundamental Hamiltonian. The fact that we experience a world describe by the laws of physics and not some fantasy world, is something that should be explainable.

Saibal

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/everything-list/98a08879-625b-9d76-e9c3-c11a0792881a%40gmail.com
[1].

Links: