On 8/21/2022 4:00 AM, Lawrence Crowell wrote:
On Saturday, August 20, 2022 at 4:12:50 PM UTC-5 Tomasz Rola wrote:

    On Fri, Aug 19, 2022 at 04:20:51PM -0700, Lawrence Crowell wrote:
    > Nobody said the solar storm had anything to do with climate
    change. As for
    > the wild fires it is the case they are adding to the 55 billion
    tons of CO2
    > entered into the atmosphere by fossil fuels.
    >
    > You follow what I notice of Christians. Jesus said to give up
    wealth to the
    > poor. However, Christians most often align with the most wealthy
    and
    > powerful. You are a religious shill for the oil companies.
    Remember that
    > little bit in Matthew where Jesus said though you professed my
    name etc,
    > when the kingdom comes I will not know you. It is the same with all
    > Christian Churches, they all align with fascistic power. All but
    one
    > Christian Church aligned with Adolf Hitler and the Nazis, which
    was the
    > Jehovah's Witnesses. Most Christians are just dirty fascists,
    and if Jesus
    > does exists (which I strongly doubt) he will probably say "I
    don't know
    > you."
    >
    > LC

    Perhaps you can explain how come Christians were going along with
    Adolf when he sent them in droves (milions, literally) to
    concentration camps?

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/108_Martyrs_of_World_War_II

    You are free to like and dislike religion, churches and believers,
    but
    distorting description of reality to make it more like you would like
    it to be, is going to fail.

108 is hardly droves.  It was Jews who were sent to death camps by the millions...while most Christians, both clergy and laity, looked the other way or even approved.  Hitler rose to power blaming Jews and Communists for everything and appealing to Christian hatred of Jews that went back at least to Luther.

"We are at fault for not slaying them [the Jews]."
         ---Martin Luther, "On the Jews and Their Lies"

"What shall we do with...the Jews?...set fire to their
synagogues or schools and bury and cover with dirt whatever
will not burn, so that no man will ever again see a stone or
cinder of them."
        ---Martin Luther

"Whoever wants to be a Christian should tear the eyes out of
his Reason."
      --- Martin Luther

"The party as such represents the point of view of a positive
Christianity without binding itself to any one particular
confession."
         ---- Adolf Hitler, in the Nazi manifesto:

We tolerate no one in our ranks who attacks the ideas of Christianity in fact our movement is Christian.     ---Adolf Hitler, in a speech in Passau, 27 October 1928, Bundesarchiv Berlin-Zehlendorf,
        [cited from Richard Steigmann-Gall¹s The Holy Reich]

"Christ was the greatest early fighter in the battle against the
world enemy -- the Jews. The work that Christ started but did not
finish, I, Adolf Hitler, will conclude."
   --- "The Book of Political Quotes," London: Angus & Robertson
Publishers, 1982, p. 195)

Brent

-- Regards,
    Tomasz Rola

Sure, there were religious leaders who opposed Nazism, such as the Lutheran theologian who wrote "First they came for ... ." I cannot remember his name off hand. There were others, but look at the preponderance. Consider in the United States the role of fundamentalists and evangelicals. They are almost lockstep with Don-the-Con t'Rump, who is America's "big pela-man" and cult leader, just as were Mussolini and Hitler. Religion is largely about do not ask questions, obey your leaders and pay what you owe your religious leaders (tithes etc) and masters. It is a perfect conditioning system for a compliant population under fascism.

LC

-- ** A C programmer asked whether computer had Buddha's nature. **
    ** As the answer, master did "rm -rif" on the programmer's home **
    ** directory. And then the C programmer became enlightened... **
    ** **
    ** Tomasz Rola mailto:tomas...@bigfoot.com **

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Everything List" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to everything-list+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com. To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/everything-list/80a39dcb-3d40-4570-a4aa-b3c59ad98f55n%40googlegroups.com <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/everything-list/80a39dcb-3d40-4570-a4aa-b3c59ad98f55n%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.