ok, check this pst scenario:

exchange site in uk, 450 users, 400mb mailbox limit, 30gb store.

servers are located in london, remote sites in northern cities connect via
2mbps links.

users often hit the mailbox limit and have to archive to pst. in london,
they just move items to a pst on their local disk, and we make sure that
they understand their data is no longer available via OWA or backed up
nightly.

in the northern cities, the techs have put the PST's onto network drives. i
immediately yelled "pst on net drives = bad" but their philosophy is that
they have plentiful disk space on their file servers and a fast network, so
they do this to gain the advantage of backing up the pst's.

i can't think of any good reason to persuade them to store the pst's on
local hard drives, and i think that's because there isn't one.

dan.