Compaq Computer

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Blunt, James H
(Jim)
Sent: Thursday, January 10, 2002 11:25 AM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: RE: Slightly OT: PST policies

Dave,

Most people on this list are going to tell you that PST = BAD.  Server space
is server space, whether it's on the Exchange server, or whether it's on a
member server, and that if you need to keep the messages, you should
increase the mailbox sizes and keep the important messages in the store.

However, with that said, I understand your situation.  We have the same
scenario here.  This is a Department of Energy site that is responsible for
environmental cleanup.  Because of that, by law, we have to maintain legacy
records for a period of 75 years.  The only way to do that, that is quick,
easy and cheap is to create .pst files by fiscal year and after so many .pst
files, burn them to CD and send the CD off to the archives.

Jim