On 31 Dec 2002 19:46:54 +0000
richard bown <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> This is why I'm suspicious that unless you join the mdk club the OS
> falls apart...can some confirm if this is the case

The Club has nothing to do with it.

>From a cl do the following

# urpmi.addmedia 9.0_update
ftp://sunsite.uio.no/pub/unix/Linux/Mandrake/Mandrake/updates/9.0/RPMS/
with synthesis.hdlist.cz
(don't know how this will appear in your mail client but it should all
be 1 line with a space after addmedia, _update, RPMS/ and with)

If this still gives you an error post the full output.

    Charles

"I have more information in one place than anybody in the world."
-- Jerry Pournelle, an absurd notion, apparently about the BIX BBS
Mandrake Linux 9.1
Kernel- 2.4.20-2mdk