On Tue, 2002-12-31 at 21:09, Vincent Danen wrote:

> mdkonline package has nothing to do with rpmdrake (aka Mandrake
> Update).  mdkonline also has nothing to do with Club.  urpmi has
> nothing to do with Club.  To insinuate that we have put out "trojans"
> that mysteriously break your machine if you don't subscribe to Club is
> utter nonsense.  No one can confirm if this is the case because it is
> not.
>
> Look, if you messed up your own machine, it's unfair to start slinging
> insinuations and pointing fingers at MandrakeSoft and imply we're out
> to extort money from people by putting out trojan updates.

Lets get one thing straight .
I am NOT accusing anyone of putting trojans to screw users.
Its common practice with some s/w companies to do this.
I asked if mandrake did thats all.

This problem appeared after a few updates, and remained after a fresh
install,,,this is symptomatic of reaching a maximum level of permitted
updates,,,and thats why I ask a simple question
richard