--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Duveyoung <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Right on, Jimmy!
>
> Thou shall not kill.
>
> Pretty simple to understand, almost impossible to be perfect at.
>
> I'm going to get a half a coconut shell, a diaper and a walking
staff.
>  Can you imagine the first-person-I-went-up-to's response as I
begged
> for my daily ration of rice?
>
> It seems just about impossible to be a good person if there's a
car in
> the garage, an article of clothing in the closet, or even "eggs for
> breakfast."
>
> I keep searching for the words to turn my life around when I need a
> good dose of seeing just one child die in a ditch in Dafur.
>
> Who can claim integrity in today's world?  Only in the poorest
places
>  might we find such a person.
>
> Who's looking?
>
> Edg

Hi Edg, I find your writing most often evocative, but hard to
respond to-- not a bad thing let me explain: You try to write the
way you think and like all of us it is frequently non-linear. Which
I like because it is as much art as exposition...

Anyway, I read your post, and then about the third time around I had
a reply: You often write about our (the population here on earth)
inadequacy to deal with the so called horrors of this world, and I'm
thinking, compared to what? I've found stuff inside me that
initially appeared to equal or surpass the worst excesses of human
thought and action. The reason I say initially, is that it is always
very much the snake and string experience; once I look that scary
stuff that makes me feel bad in the face, it goes all neutral and
powerless, and becomes magically inconsequential.

So based on my thought experiments of late, my hypothesis is that
the effect any negative event sustains in us is a direct reflection
of some resonant energy, to that event, we are carrying around
within ourselves. The reason I say sustains is because we are not
dead-- we all have feelings and passion, but when we begin to over
balance in the direction of a sustained negative feeling, you can
bet that bell is ringing because of a similar emotion we are
carrying around within.

This is how a recent experiment on me went. I would feel an emotion
blooming, and as it did I would think the thought innocently, "I
forgive myself for feeling [for example,
shame/guilt/inferior/superior] about [event/name/etc]." As an
interesting aside, when I would name the emotion and it matched, I
would get like a shiver in my solar plexus to confirm the matching
vibe. Just to be clear, this was not some attempt to send up some
ardent prayer, but rather to neutralize the crap that was blocking
the free flow of energy through my system.

Something else I noticed recently, which could be called the proof
of the x colored glasses: On Friday morning I had had not a lot of
sleep the night before, so I called my wife on the way to work and
began really whining about how long before retirement-- whine,
whine, whine. It was weird-- I was in the grip of this exhaustion,
and every time I tapped into it, I'd get very negative. It didn't
take me long, maybe 10 minutes to see that whet I was doing was
extrapolating my exhaustion into the future and uncomfortably
surfing that wave. The point being when I shed that blanket or saw
it for what it was, not only did I change, but the world changed
along with me. Ended up having a good day. And I hope that you have
one too. PS Its Saturday, how bad can it get?:-)