On Oct 20, 2007, at 12:51 PM, new.morning wrote:

> Again, I think we're back to the issue of you not valuing
> "I don't know" and both Curtis and I valuing it a lot. We
> find some of our inspiration *in* not knowing. You seem to
> be more inspired by the belief that you *do* know certain
> things.

A surprising, interesting and initially frustrating thing for me was
taking some retreats with SSRS -- and his ample use of the phrase "I
don't know". Coming from the TMO, "home of all knowledge" view, SSRS
was "shocking", at first. But he gets very exited about the Mystery
of It All. And that bewildered awe is a perfectly acceptable,
appropriate response.

He also says "So What!?" a lot. Which if used in ones own personal
affairs, can be quite cleansing. To both "good" and "bad" events.

I Don't Know. But So What!

Gotta love it.

> So tell me something true.
>
> Something that is true for all sentient beings, at every
> moment of their lives, in every situation, and as heard
> from every state of consciousness.
>
> I'll wait.

Well, others have ventured the same insight in other contexts. Let me
guess here: Puntang?

Isn't that in Tibet?