> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, t3rinity <no_reply@> wrote:

> > > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, t3rinity <no_reply@>
wrote:
<snip>

> > > Ah, "ignorance."
> > >
> > > As opposed to...uh...what? "Knowledge?"
> >
> > Barry, could it be that you are just a bit over-interpreting?
> > This is just a joke, its not invented by me, I am just retelling,
> > translating from memory from German. Thats the problem I have
> > currently with you: I am just saying something quite innocently,
> > and all the red lights go on ... Its a joke! Can't you laugh?
> > Didn't you say you prefer masters with a sense of humor? You
> > are so much projecting at this point, that I find you useful
> > exchange virtually impossible at the moment.
>
> Um...Michael...did you miss that my reply *was*
> a joke?

Actually, it wasn't a joke. Barry's response
*contained* what he thinks of as a joke (the
bit about Buddha playing volleyball), but what
came before and after that part wasn't a joke,
it was a putdown of those who value knowledge
over ignorance, as well as a putdown of value
judgments themselves.

<snip>
> I was just having fun riffing on your joke.

Actually, Barry ignored Michael's joke and
proceeded to deliver one of his many lectures
promoting his own value judgments.

<snip>
> After riffing on the joke, as I am wont to do,

Actually, both before *and* after "riffing" on
the joke.

> I just rapped a bit about the magic of still
> being able to say "I don't know." It seems to
> me that you may have heard something in that
> rap...again...that wasn't there -- a criticism
> of you.

Actually, it was a criticism of valuing knowledge
over ignorance, a follow-up to Barry's criticism
of Michael in an earlier post for purportedly not
valuing "I don't know":

"Again, I think we're back to the issue of you not valuing
'I don't know' and both Curtis and I valuing it a lot. We
find some of our inspiration *in* not knowing. You seem to
be more inspired by the belief that you *do* know certain
things."

Michael correctly associated Barry's current
post with his earlier one and is quite right
to point out that Barry is projecting his own
issues onto Michael.