> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, t3rinity <no_reply@> wrote:
<snip>
> > This is one of my all-time favorite jokes. One person asks
> > the other: "What do you think is worse in our society today,
> > the general level of ignorance, or rather the pervading
> > disinterest."
> > The other person answers: "I don't know, and I don't care."
>
> Ah, "ignorance."
>
> As opposed to...uh...what? "Knowledge?"
>
> Here's the rub with "knowledge," as I see it.
> It's a value judgment.

Says Barry, making a value judgment: not knowing
and not caring are more valuable than the reverse.

<snip>
> The magic of "I don't know" is that one can
> know a great number of things and still say
> the words "I don't know" about the things
> one doesn't know. A lot of people can't.

Of course, Michael was just making a joke. But
Barry, having lectured us endlessly that we
should make a value judgment favoring positive
posts over negative ones, has already tired of
forcing himself to make the former, and he saw
a golden oppoortunity to make yet another
negative one--completely oblivious, as usual, to
the infinite regress yawning in front of him.

In addition to the above two ironies, in any
other context Barry would be deriding the
pervasive ignorance and disinterest of the
public about issues that affect them,
scorning their preference for playing
volleyball over informing themselves about
the issues and taking action to promote their
interests.