Rick wrote:

I also know people much closer to Amma than these critics ever were.
I've driven and chatted with the woman who is Amma's private
attendant – who sleeps in her room, etc., as well as her public
attendant. These two are with her 24/7. I was very impressed with
both of them. They are down-to-earth, unassuming, natural, good-
humored, and not at all weird or secretive about Amma, the way their
counterparts in the TM movement would probably be. They may be
unaware of the things you bring up, but I doubt it because they are
like her shadows, and hear everything. In fact, not only those two,
but the swamis who have been with her for decades would impress just
about anyone with their simplicity, humility, and genuineness.
Maharishi used to say that you can judge the quality of a guru by the
quality of the people around him, and if that is true, these folks
are an impressive testimonial.

Bronte writes:

Yes, Maharishi said that, and look at the quality of guru he turned
out to be. It's just more dogma to repeat that statement, Rick. You
have to look past what Maharishi says or Amma says or Amma's
attendant says. Remember all those years you said you knew that MMY
had something funny going on his room at night with the girls, all
the skin boys who left the organization, telling you and the others
when they left what MMY was up to? When I asked you why you stayed on
in the movement in spite of that, you said it's because you thought
the skin boys were just unstressing heavily, that they were imagining
things. It was a case of you not being willing to see what was right
in front of you, because you had so much of yourself invested in it.
Very human, very understandable. But a big mistake.

Now there are lots of questions surfacing around Amma. The ex-amma
website, which has only been up a short while, has hundreds of posts
with remarkable first-person accounts. Are you willing to read them?
Of course that won't be easy. It's much more comfortable to say "I
know a few people who are in like flint with her, and if anything was
amiss they would know it and tell me." That's an excuse for avoiding
looking openly at evidence.

If what you believe is true, you will come away more convinced of it
after reading what the critics have to say. Or maybe you'll come away
more convinced but still be wrong in your opinion. No matter. At
least you'll have looked. You'll have opened up to new information
that at a later date may prove relevant, in the context of other
information that later comes to you.

You told me the skin boys knew what was going on all those years but
couldn't admit it to themselves. They made up excuses for MMY in
their minds. They were good kids, trying to find a justifiable place
for what they were seeing within their worldview. How do you know
it's not exactly the same thing with these higher-up Amma people you
place such unquestioning trust in? Just because they're good people,
or seem to be -- do you rest your judgment on that? That is a weak
basis on which to form a sound opinion, especially on a matter of
such import. You play a major role, Rick, in advertising Amma to the
world and bringing in new recruits. I think you have an obligation to
all the people you influence, not to mention to yourself, to read and
consider the claims these people are making. To read them, and to
keep your eyes and ears open. To ask questions.