--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Rick Archer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> [...]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> On Behalf Of brontebaxter8
> Sent: Sunday, October 28, 2007 7:49 PM
> To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
> Subject: [FairfieldLife] Re: Another Account of Financial Fraud and
Danger

> Rick wrote:
> Yeah, I posted that in the spirit of full disclosure, not because I
> thought it would strengthen my case. I'm not the blind loyalty type.
>
> Bronte writes:
> Archer, if you really hold the attitude you expressed in your long post
> to Nabloss today, and here, you won't be misled for long. Just as you
> saw through the illusions of TM eventually. Good for you for examining
> these things. The answers are out there. Check out the archives on that
> ex-amma website, and you will get reams of first-person accounts from
> long-term devotees, many of whom served in the Indian ashram for years
> and years before leaving. Don't be afraid of researching this, of
> finding out more truth. It can only lead you to still better things.
>
> I also know people much closer to Amma than these critics ever were.
I've
> driven and chatted with the woman who is Amma's private attendant – who
> sleeps in her room, etc., as well as her public attendant. These two are
> with her 24/7. I was very impressed with both of them. They are
> down-to-earth, unassuming, natural, good-humored, and not at all
weird or
> secretive about Amma, the way their counterparts in the TM movement
would
> probably be. They may be unaware of the things you bring up, but I
doubt it
> because they are like her shadows, and hear everything. In fact, not
only
> those two, but the swamis who have been with her for decades would
impress
> just about anyone with their simplicity, humility, and genuineness.
> Maharishi used to say that you can judge the quality of a guru by the
> quality of the people around him, and if that is true, these folks
are an
> impressive testimonial.

One other point reg. the amma group is that you are free to bring up
any complaints you have directly to the head people.  I've seen people
argue with Amma over how things are done many times in front of a
larger group and I've done it directly with Amma and with some of the
swamis.  I was largely though not completely satisfied with the
upper hierarchy that is open to complaints and wanting to know what
the problems are.

I think there's a growing emphasis on PR within the Amma group and her
serious devotees see the guru as God and that is a dangerous
combination in a fast growing organization, so I think it's good there
are watchgroups out there to bring up issues and keep the fanatics in
line.  I'd also say about 10% of her full time devotees are not
emotionally mature enough to handle the intense service that is
required and should probably leave - something that I don't see
encouraged in that group.