You may keep your opinion. I shall keep mine.  I have studied Nazi Germany
formally and exhaustively.  Moreover, I am well prepared for scholarship and
scholarly research with years of training.  I've also talked with scores of
people who've been through it. A "New Age," or, more specifically a Vedic
component, was an aspect of German fascism and was part of its design from its
inception in the Thule Society. It wasn't only Vedic, however.  Meister Eckhart
was big, and so was Buddhism.  These things diverted attention from the
political arena, so that the dictator's noose tightened too much before anyone
could really notice enough to object.

I've noticed that folks in this forum like to call one another stupid without
actually knowing anything in any depth about what's being discussed. It is
possible to question and challenge ideas without resorting to words like
"silly" and "stupid."

authfriend <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:                               --- In
FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Angela Mailander
 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

 > Have you actually studied the history of Nazi Germany?

 Not formally in a classroom, but I've done quite
 a bit of reading about it.

 > You are right in thinking that "whatever the people of a country
 are into, a Hitler could take it and run with it," but this is not
 what happened in the case of Nazi Germany. Do you actually know how
 carefully Goebbels designed his propaganda machine or how closely the
 educational system, the media, and the entertainment world were
 controlled and designed to create what I have described down to the
 aesthetic? a

 How is this different from what I said that you
 just agreed with, Angela?

 Nazism took advantage of what the German people
 were involved in and institutionalized it, based
 their propaganda on it, distorting it wildly in
 the process.

 That could have been done with *any* cultural
 phenomenon to end up with a fascistic dictatorship.