> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "do.rflex" <do.rflex@> wrote:
> >
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Vaj <vajranatha@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Brahmanand Saraswati?
> > >
> > > Emphatically YES. And a yogi with ram (fire) siddhi (at very
> > > least).
> >
> > You wouldn't really know. Your information is only because you've
> > 'heard' about them. I knew Satyanand and I experience Swami
> > Brahmananda Saraswati practically daily.
>
> Not to argue but to reinforce my point in post #163860,
> John, aren't you assuming that your subject "experience"
> of Brahmananda Saraswati "trumps" anything that Vaj
> could possibly say, or that anyone else on *Earth*
> could possibly say?
>
> It's your experience; therefore it is true.
>
> Thank you for providing such a perfect example of that
> tenth criterion of Narcissistic Personality Disorder
> that I was talking about.

Actually, you've got the context of what they're
arguing about wrong, because you're more interested
in dumping on John and preaching your standard
sermons than in understanding what they're saying.

> ( For the record...what you experience COULD be true.
> I don't know. My only point is that you don't either.
> You only assume it's true because it's *your* subjective
> experience. That is almost the classic definition of
> narcissism. )

Uh, no, it isn't.

But it's kind of fun to go back and look at
Barry's rants about how important it is to
trust your own experience. For example:

"There are a few people here on FFL who have
had such subjective experiences, whether it be
of odd phenomena or their own subjective exper-
iences of higher states of consciousness. I like
dealing with them *because* I can identify with
the changes that their subjective experiences and
learning to trust them have put them through."

And even funnier:

"You'll notice that most of the people who *have*
had interesting experiences of higher states of
consciousness or of extraordinary phenomena
rarely, if ever, talk about them any more. Jim's
about the only one who dares to brave the boring,
terrified turd-throwers any more. Rory's silent,
Tom's mainly silent, and a few people have left
altogether.

"The bottom line, as I see it, is that the wimps
have WON, *especially* after the migration of a
couple of compulsive-poster wimps from alt.m.t.
Those two, together with anon_couscous and a
few others who don't even have the balls to use
their own names here, have made Fairfield Life
a distinctly UNFRIENDLY environment in which to
talk about one's own spiritual experiences."

One of the "compulsive-poster wimps from alt.m.t"
Barry was referring to just happened to be do.rflex
(John), the guy he's now dumping on because John
trusts his experience of Guru Dev.