On Feb 7, 2008, at 7:26 PM, do.rflex wrote:

> On Feb 7, 2008, at 6:38 PM, do.rflex wrote:
>
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Rick Archer" <rick@> wrote:
> >
> > Maharishi's answer doesn't clearly account for, as an example,
> > Satyanand's stated experience of hearing Guru Dev's voice *after* Guru
> > Dev's body had ceased to function. Nor does it account for my own
> > current experiences of Guru Dev, visually and telepathically. [Unless
> > of course, one claims that Guru Dev hadn't attained Cosmic
> > Consciousness.]
> >
> > Interestingly, I remember that exchange at Humboldt, as I waited on > > every word. And I shared the frustration I sensed in the person that > > asked that question as Maharishi did not clarify it satisfactorily.

[snip]

> Regarding early TMO pundits and "teachers": 'they certainly weren't no
> Acharyas'. :-)

Brahmachari Satyanand, whom I referred to, had spent many years with
Guru Dev as a disciple. After Guru Dev's 'death' he later went on to
assist Maharishi spreading Transcendental Meditation, as I understand
it, until he died himself. I attended a course he conducted at Lake
Arrowhead in the early 70s and spoke with him individually and
privately at least three times, one of which was to receive an
advanced technique. I say this mainly to indicate that Satyanand was
directly involved with Guru Dev and Maharishi both.

IME it's not a guarantee that these people are completely and holistically trained in these sciences. I really, honestly, see most of them as naive.

Some are able to replace education with direct (inner) experience, but this is exceedingly rare in this era.

You can also hang or pay to hang with those who do know directly the inner and outer worlds. It seems to me that Mahesh Yogi was someone who hung or paid to hang with some really very cool folks. From there he built his web.