--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Angela Mailander
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Aren't we a cheerful bunch!! But it ain't lookin' real
> good out there, is it?

Speak for yourself, honey.

What things "look like" depends a great deal
on where you live, what the media in that place
beam at you, and most of all the psychic mindset
of the place itself. The psychic mindset of the
United States of America right now is fear. In
particular, fear of "loss." That is why I don't
live there. If I did, I'd probably be as focused
on all the negative and potentially "threatening"
things in the world as many folks there are.

But I don't live there. I live somewhere where
the psychic and media mindsets are different,
and where *most* of the people I meet are *not*
focused on all this stuff and worried about it.

You mentioned at one point that new regulations
in the US have curtailed your ability to travel.
Have you ever looked into *that* as the cause
for some of your focus, as much as anything else?

> I've heard people make a good
> argument for the notion that we went to war to keep an
> economic melt-down at bay.  Apparently it's not
> working. Well, we're overpopulated and so wholesale
> slaughter is unavoidable to their way of thinking.

Do you remember a comedian named Sam Kinison?
Big, brash guy whose schtick was to set up a joke
and then yell out the punchline at the top of his
voice? The one I find myself remembering right now
went something like, "I've got a message for all
of those folks who are starving in Ethiopia. MOVE
TO WHERE THE FOOD IS!!!"

Yeah, yeah. I know that in many cases they can't.
But most of the folks reading this forum could.
And a little road trip *outside* the borders of
the US might do wonders for their view of whether
the world is lookin' dismal or not so much.

I'm not sayin' that Europe doesn't have its issues
and problems. All I'm sayin' is that I don't see
the people who live there -- for the most part,
England excluded -- living in fear the way that
Americans tend to. I think that the issue is
"psychically environmental."

There is something WRONG with the *place* right
now. And one of the easiest ways to shed the
psychic side effects of that wrongness is to get
away from it for a while, and immerse yourself
in a different psychic environment.

It doesn't make the problems go away, but it sure
can do wonders for one's ability to not let the
problems get one down.

Just another commercial for the value of Road
Trips. We now return you to your normally-scheduled
programming. So to speak.  :-)