--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "sandiego108" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> <curtisdeltablues@> wrote:
> >
> > then he said the words > that pierced me: "It would be BAD KARMA for
> > MAHARISHI for you to be > here, and it would be BAD KARMA FOR YOU to
> > be here." You must leave...
> >
> <snip>
>
> yep, I thought that was 24 karat pure bullshit too-- sounded like "the
> boogey-man's gonna get you". real crap.

WEll, it WAS announced days before the cremation on the Maharishi Channel that
it would
be a strictly tradtional Vedic ceremony, fully segregated by sex. I try not to
crash other
people's religious ceremonies if they have a bias against me being there unless
I'm
secretly doing an expose on segregated religious ceremonies.

Obviously, the proper thing was to turn around and walk off as it was a
strictly observed
men-only ceremony and regardless of the karmic issues for MMY, refusing to
honor the
religious ceremonial wishes of the deceased seems less than respectful.

When in Rome, and all that.

Lawson