--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "sparaig" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "sandiego108" <sandiego108@>

> > <curtisdeltablues@> wrote:
> > >
> > > then he said the words > that pierced me: "It would be BAD
KARMA for
> > > MAHARISHI for you to be > here, and it would be BAD KARMA FOR
YOU to
> > > be here." You must leave...
> > >
> > <snip>
> >
> > yep, I thought that was 24 karat pure bullshit too-- sounded
like "the
> > boogey-man's gonna get you". real crap.
> >

> WEll, it WAS announced days before the cremation on the Maharishi
Channel that it would
> be a strictly tradtional Vedic ceremony, fully segregated by sex.
I try not to crash other
> people's religious ceremonies if they have a bias against me being
there unless I'm
> secretly doing an expose on segregated religious ceremonies.
>
> Obviously, the proper thing was to turn around and walk off as it
was a strictly observed
> men-only ceremony and regardless of the karmic issues for MMY,
refusing to honor the
> religious ceremonial wishes of the deceased seems less than
respectful.

> When in Rome, and all that.
>

> Lawson

No problem with the respect for other cultures, at all, no issue
there. It was this warning of the possible bad karma that rankled me-
- plays on imagined fears (treats the person spoken  to like a
child) , vs. just explaining the situation clearly (treats the
person spoken to like an adult).