From: TurquoiseB <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: [FairfieldLife] Re: commitment belief trust and adveristy
To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
Date: Monday, August 25, 2008, 7:28 AM

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Louis McKenzie <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> So I am writing all of this to say. Even though I may question
> if perhaps I am a little nuts.  I have really gotten to see
> what happens when one puts principal ahead of security.

I think the word you want is 'principle.'

> I had received money to make an investment 3 years ago. The
> investors backed out they only want to know when I will give
> their money back or have money for them.

I know that most here express sympathy for your
situation, and I do as well, but this legitimate
question remains unaddressed in your post. Please
note that all of the following information in your
post is about *you* and *your* family and *your*
lifestyle:

> My original partners abandoned me 3 years ago. I could have
> chosen to run away but I did not. In the three years from
> 2005 till 2008 I was able to send my step daughter to a
> Waldorf School and allow my wife the time to devote to our
> toddler. From 6 months pregnant to 3 years old my wife was
> able to dedicate herself to our children.
>
> In Brazil this is not valued, but for me it is very important.

I'm sure it is. Did your original investors not
getting their money back have any impact on *their*
families or *their* lifestyles?

> I believe that within the next couple of days my funding
> will be finally in my account. I will put forth the first
> payment on our home and hopefully get my family back in
> order.

And again, your "funding" (theoretically, more
investment in your business ideas) comes through,
and the *first* you do with it is buy a house for
you and your family? While the question of how
much is left for the business idea or how much
goes to repaying your original investors remains
unaddressed?

I lived in New Mexico for several years. Few people
know that Microsoft started there, in Albuquerque.
During my time there I ran into probably two dozen
people who still spit every time they hear the name
"Bill Gates" because he blew town and moved to Seattle
owing them tens of thousands of dollars, and in a few
cases hundreds of thousands of dollars.

The richest man in the world has never paid those
debts. He has never even *acknowledged* those debts.
Bill Gates can give away billions of dollars to
charity for the rest of his life, but not one of
these people he left holding the bag are ever going
to have an ounce of respect for him.

All I'm suggesting is that as things come around for
you and you start to get back on your feet financially,
you might want to put some thought into repaying the
people who invested in you earlier, instead of referring
to them as having "backed out on you."

I'm sorry, but the almost complete self-absorbtion of
your post leads me to believe they might have had some
reason for doing so. Even if this is not true, the bottom
line is that if you still owe them money, you still owe
them money.

They didn't *give* you the money, dude...they *invested*
in you. If you don't repay their investment, you can
write here all you want about how your vision helped you
through the struggle, but that's like listening to Bill
Gates spout bullshit about how he made billions by being
so smart, when in fact he got rich by bailing on his debts.