--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Louis McKenzie <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Thanks. I thought I made it clear but I guess I did not.
> My partners and the investors are different people. I have
> kept going the whole time to be able to pay the investors
> their money back. I have taken responsibility for their
> money even if they have not been willing to assist me at
> all.

Then you have my apologies for suggesting otherwise.
As I explained in a subsequent post, I am a little
sensitive on this subject.

> They invested because they thought I was working for my
> partners. They had a responsibility to cover the company
> and my personal expenses while I built the company.
>
> The Partners got friends to put up money and then they
> abandoned. They thought they had me in a position that
> they would own the major portion of the company even if
> they did not uphold their responsibilities.

That is certainly possible, and I commisserate. I
have seen this happen with "vulture capitalists"
in the software business -- investing just enough
money so that the business is designed to fail, at
which point the vulture capitalists own all the
intellectual property.

Good luck in working things out, and I hope that
you are able to make the business a success. My
rant was aimed not at you personally but at people
I've known who borrowed hundreds of thousands of
dollars from friends to create a business, did so,
and then spent the first five years' earnings from
the business on new cars, houses, and an ostentatious
lifestyle. The original friends had to finally sue
them to make them pay back the money they could easily
have paid back in the first year of successful oper-
ation. Suffice it to say they are no longer friends.

And all of these people meditated, and thought that
they were better than those who didn't.