I was in the lecture hall when Maharishi was asked about the promise
of 5 - 8 years to get to CC.

He said, "No, no, no, not for you.  Only two years for initiators."

I kept track of my meditation time while at TTC, and I ended up with
five years' worth of 20 mins twice a day as my total, so I was
panicked a bit at the end of TTC that I hadn't had many signs of my
goal being reached.  What kind of dud was I, eh?

But, the TMO was on the job and spun the whole thing for me with "once
you get into teaching, all your accomplishments from TTC's deep
meditations be stabilized and realized."  Like that.

2,000 initiation pujas later, 10 years later, not a dime saved later,
four ATRs later, 2-month in residence Siddhi course later, four kids
in MSAE later, five years of morning and evening dome later, 20 years
in Fairfield later, it could only be concluded that I had the most
knotted-up, stressed-out brain that ever was to still be so needing so
much more.

You see me here. I'm open enough, right?  You have a "take" on me
that's valid in your own opinion, right?  Does ya see any glow in my
halo?

There's your real lies:  the ones the TMO taught us all to say to
ourselves.  I am reminded of that old PC vs Mac joke:  "How many
applications does it take to finish a project on a Mac?  Ans: just one
more."

Maharishi's sex life?  Phihhh! How about how he taught us all to fuck
ourselves? Talk about a Kama Sutra list of ways to "bend de body" such
that the wallet falls out unnoticed.

Edg

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, enlightened_dawn11