> > Sure it does.  Anyone who doesn't participate in the
> > traditional religious interpretation of meditation
> > experiences can enjoy it as a secular practice.  And
> > it is also not required to believe that you are
> > experiencing something trans-personal just because
> > it feels that way.
>
> Wait. How does this jibe with your objection to Lynch's
> program?

I am talking about how I approach Meditation,not how it is taught which is the
relevant thing for schools.  The basic 3 days checking course is full of
religious belief about what is happening in TM aside from the Puja issue.  If I
was hanging out with monks and joined them in the Jesus prayer (using the name
of Jesus as a mantra to transcend) then I would be doing it as a secular
practice. But that doesn't mean that it is OK to teach the Jesus prayer in
schools does it?  Despite TM teacher's denials, I believe TM is a religious
practice supported by traditional religious interpretations of the experience.
That doesn't make it a bad thing for people who want that sort of thing, it is
just not OK to teach in schools IMO.