--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, off_world_beings <no_re...@...> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
> <mailto:FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com> , Bhairitu <noozguru@> wrote:
> >
> > The building was closed for some "maintenance work" a few days before
> > the attack. >>
>
> A whole floor was closed off for months and all sorts of construction
> going on and no-one knew what, but dust all over the lobby for weeks
> before hand. I'm just sayin'.

I'm not convinced that you could close off a floor and do
unsupervised work on a building of world importance like this.
It aint like putting a new bathroom in your apartment, there would have to be
plans and consultations with all levels of management.
They would have to check anything major too, probably notice all the
connecting wires if it was a demo job.

>   That is when people think the explosives were laid and some
> > beams severed to create the demolition collapse.   I know some people
> > who probably watch too much TV want to believe that Al-Qaeda was
> > sophisticated enough to pull this off but I strongly have my doubts
> > about that. >>
>
> Buildings don't collapse like that because of fire.

Usually they are put out but the WTC centre fires couldn't be
reached effectively.

>   What would the Muslim world have to gain from the attacks
> > anyway?

It wasn't the Muslim world just a bunch of hardcore nutters
in Afghanistan. I'm sure they knew what the likely outcome
was when they started, but as Bin Laden said "We love death more
than you love life" They think being martyred is the best thing
that can happen to them.

It brought down the US military on their heads.  If they
> wanted
> > to upset Americans they would have done small suicide attacks on
> > shopping malls.  That's never happened.  And after 9-11 to create more
> > economic disorder they could have knocked out corporate jets but
> that's
> > never happened either.

Hey, don't put ideas in their heads.

One of my first thoughts on 11/9 was that they chose the best target,
not just the biggest building but one of huge symbolic importance to the west.

> > I really don't understand people who can't except "the jury is still
> out
> > on 9-11" and so quickly want to believe it was Muslim terrorists. >>
>
> They are afraid to think about it. I am afraid to think  about it. It is
> fear that turns people in sheep and unable to think through things for
> themselves.

I think it's an inability to ac cept the simple truth that inspires
the imagination to create these theories. And it don't say much
about peoples trust in government, if I was them I'd be almost as worried about
that as in terrorism.

I am not saying that the government did it like some people
> say, but more likely an actual huge bank robbery (apparently there were
> reports of a lot of gold in the vaults underground - maybe federal
> reserve gold. During the excavation of the site, no-one was allowed in
> and all the debris was put on trucks and shipped off before anyone could
> inspect it. Easy way to cart of gold if there was any there.) Bank
> robbers often do not care what they have to do to get the gold. They
> just plan it out and do it.
>
> OffWorld

I'm equally certain they would want to keep the gold away from
bystanders but was that the reason? Flying planes into buildings
has a rather uncertain outcome, anything could have happened they might have
fallen over like trees for all anyone could have
predicted. I think that the fact it *looked* like a demolition job
is *why* that rumour started.