> > > <snip>

> > > Oh, please. Pretending to be a TMO TB is a fairly
> > > recent shtick. You haven't been around that long.
> > > here.
> >
> > What do you mean 'Oh Please'!
>
> Sorry. His posts reek of mockery to me. I don't
> think I'd assume he was a real TMO TB even if I
> didn't know he wasn't.

He's always had a thing about people on here not
being from FF or even from the TMO. Was that a joke,
I missed it if it was. I got the impression he'd
like it to be like the old days before us interlopers
out-of-towners and heretics joined. More the merrier
I reckon but there you go. I would like to see some
recruitment for FFL from other groups like Scientology
that would liven things up even further!

> It just seems as though a lot of people here--not
> just you by any means--are surprisingly vulnerable
> to having their legs pulled by this sort of thing,
> including those who've been here much longer than
> you. I was really rolling my eyes at the general
> tendency rather than at you personally.

But it's *so* hard to tell the difference without
knowing people. I always get suckered by the spoofs
but generally (not always I'm afraid) realise when
I'm half way through an indignantly snarky reply.
In my defence, I've actually known lived and worked
with people who really think like this. And they do
wander on here from time to time and lecture everybody
about what to thinkso it's not like there's no precedent.

>  I can't help it if I
> > haven't been around that long, it isn't like anyone
> > *ever* reads up on peoples posts before they joined
> > is it?
>
> Well, some do...

Ah, I should have realised ;-)

> > As long as I can remember Doug has had a regular whine
> > about non-meditators on here. Does he log on for the
> > same "joke" every time?
>
> He's had several different shticks; this is his latest.
> He does tend to beat them to death. For awhile he was
> posting stuff taken from Quaker meetings as if it was
> TMO pronouncements.

Whatever lights your candle.

>  Perhaps I've just missed his
> > many different facets. But this is obviously a sticking
> > point for him.
>
> He doesn't like the TMO attitude at all, no. He finds
> it amusing to satirize it, and I guess he gets a kick
> out of folks taking him seriously.
>
> I find him generally rather strange, but if you go back
> and look at his posts from a couple of years ago, you'll
> see a different picture than the current one.

If I get time......maybe