From: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com [mailto:fairfieldl...@yahoogroups.com]
On Behalf Of Hugo
Sent: Tuesday, May 12, 2009 9:32 AM
To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [FairfieldLife] Re: Post Count & Meditator Status

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
<mailto:FairfieldLife%40yahoogroups.com> , "lurkernomore20002000"
<steve.sun...@...> wrote:

> "Hugo" <richardhughes103@> wrote:
> I would like to see some
> > recruitment for FFL from other groups like Scientology
> > that would liven things up even further!
> >
> We had a Scientologist here for a while, but we "runned his ass off".
Actually, we had some good talk going on with him. He was an ex TMer
teacher, governor etc. I forget his name, but at some point the criticism
and probing of Scientology got to be too much, and he bailed.

Oh really, that would have been interesting, I've always
thought there must be something to it otherwise they
wouldn't all get so involved. I read Dianetics myself at 18
and thought about going for one of their personality tests
where they tell you what's wrong with you and what help you
need. And also what highly expensive courses you need to go on.

Luckily Ron Hubbard died before I could get into it and all the
stories came out about what a coke-head and how dysfunctional
the org was. I probably would have asked a fair few tricky
questions of this person myself, after reading the unoffical
biog of Hubbard - The Bare Faced Messiah- I was pretty glad I
only ended doing TM!

But then, their state of being "Clear" is obviously Hubbards
sci-fi lingo for enlightenment, is there really that much
difference between the practise of stress release in scientology
and eastern practises. I can see much potential for a comparison.
They lose me with Xenu though. Boy oh boy, do they.
I heard Maharishi say that if L. Ron Hubbard had been running the TM
Movement, it would have accomplished its goals long ago.