authfriend wrote:

> MMY ... predicts
> as a result of meditation good behavior and the
> inability to commit error *by human standards*,
> whereas his actual metaphysical teaching is that
> one becomes incapable of error *by Nature's
> standards*, which not only could be quite
> different, but which are inscrutahle
> ("Unfathomable is the course of action").

This helps.

One task may be, then, to figure out a way to correlate
human standards to Nature's standards. To what extent
can we map one to the other? For example, could we say
that what is ethical behavior for most humans -- don't
kill people, for instance -- is ethical behavior by Nature's
standards 70% of the time?

It's a silly mind game, I know. But it clarifies the issue for
me a bit.

Reminds me of mapping Newtonian physics to quantum
mechanics. It can be done, but the back-and-forth gets
a little dicey, and not everything maps.

 - Patrick Gillam