> At least one of Sandy Nidich's studies was on
> the relationship between TM and Kohlberg's
> stages of moral reasoning, in which conforming
> to societal standards of morality is one of the
> "conventional" or lower stages.

Sandy Nidich- My favorite MIU prof.  Cool guy.

> A brief description of Kohlberg's post-conventional
> stages:

> Stage 6 - Universal Ethical Principle Orientation - This stage
> involves defining what is "right" in one's own conscience in a way
> that is consistent with one's own abstract ethical principles that
> are based on inclusiveness and responsibility to others; there is a
> clear emphasis on universality, consistency, logic and rationality.
> The highest stage of moral development in Kohlberg's original
theory.

> http://www.objectivethought.com/articles/kohlberg.html

Sandy's been in to that for a long time (if he's still talking about
it).  He gave us the test for Kohlberg's deal.   I didn't make it to
Stage 6 but tried to argue my way to it.  Nidich used the definition
to prove I wasn't there.  Pretty funny.  *I* was proven a schmuck and
*I* laughed.  Thank God there is no *I*.  See *I* knew *I* was right.
Uh, or something like that.