The below "debate" is an attempt to bring such complexity into the warming
discussion that most folks head for the hills when the geek at the party starts
arguing with the nerd.  Try to get "experts" to even agree what the ocean's
level is -- why, you'll be there for a lifetime trying to figure out what to
believe, cuz, there's tides and waves and local but temporary waxing and
waining.  And that rhymes with migraine and I'm outta here sez the average Jane.

Like that, the politicians create obfuscation and then, in the absence of a
general audience that's up on the topic, they can simply do what their bribers
want them to do, knowing that they can effectively debate with anyone in the
public and seem reasonable.....politicians love deniability. Think Clinton and
how much time was spent defining the word "is."

Think thalidomide.  Remember that drug that was prescribed by physicians to,
say, 20,000,000 women (don't know the figure) and out started coming all the
flipper kids? Yet, our glorious BigPharm and the government said all the
testing that was necessary had been done on the drug -- so many rabbits killed
and dissected etc.

Just so, when it comes to putting a chemical into our beloved Earth's
atmosphere (her lungs,) I'm one of those who kinda gets yucked out by that --
just on the principle of the thing.  Think how you'd feel if a doctor told you
that your newborn infant needed to have India Ink injected into her pure
pristine body.  Oh, you'd be assured that it was a harmless procedure needed
for some sort of scientific use, but that explanation would not make you
comfortable, and it wouldn't tamp down your yucky response processes.

Next time you read the ingredients on the label of your packaged food, consider
that each of the non-food chemicals arrived at the food-factory in 55 gallon
drums, and that you wouldn't eat a tablespoon full of any of them straight from
the barrel.  Same fucking deal we're handing Mother Earth -- a generally
recognized as safe list of chemicals and bug parts that are allowed in our food.

"Don't worry, Mom, the BHT is a preservative, and it's been as scrutinized as
thalidomide by real scientists -- scientists who are hard at work night and day
discovering chemical truths for huge corporations -- so you know it's all being
done in a top notch fashion."

The government allows over 30,000 chemicals into the soil, air and water.  Your
breathing, your very breathing, your drinking, your very drinking, and your
nourishment, your very nourishment is BEING FUCKED WITH BY THOSE WHO SIMPLY
CANNOT KNOW WHAT THEY DO, and most don't know that it's all determined by
BigMoney.

Ask the aluminum industry what they did to get fluoride (an aluminum industry
by-product chemical of great toxicity and no usefulness:
http://www.greaterthings.com/Lexicon/F/Fluoride.htm )  Ask 'em.  Their answer:
dump it in the local drinking water and call it a miracle for kids' teeth.
Spend some bucks buying off the dental associations.  Done deal.

BigMedia isn't churning about any of this in the headlines.  Who cares who's
making money from anything, right?

What this country needs is another doctor who tells it, "Take two thalidomides
and call Dr. Maddoff or Dr. AIG in the morning."

I figures we need a couple more BigRich thieves caught red-handed and a major
chemical that fucks up kids being touted by the AMA like it was a new
children's vitamin. Toss in another Katrina, and now ya gots the basis of a
fomentation of a national undercurrent of a queasiness in the American gut.

Until then, think of every smoke stack like it's Mother Earth smoking a
cigarette behind the barn.

Edg