> > Ron Paul thinks that health care run by the state is a
> > bad idea because the government takes away the money of
> > tax payers, so that those without money can have health
> > care.

Bhairitu:
> So you want those people to get sick and infect you?

Of course not - I want others to keep themselves in good
health; to work and pay for their own health care and
health insurance; and to save money for their retirement,
not depend on government welfare.

> Or do you just want them dead, Comrade Willy?

Strawman argument.

> Sounds like typical Texas cracker logic.

You're not making any sense: objecting to the government
taking my money and giving it someone else is part of
the U.S. Constitution, not a Texas idea at all.

> > It's wrong and unconstitutional - nowhere in the U.S
> > Constitution does it say that the federal government
> > should take my money and give it to someone else to
> > pay for their health care expenses. It's my money!
> > Taking my money away from me without my consent is
> > illegal.
> >
> So you oppose the VA?

Is it in the U.S. Constitution?

> > It is not a good idea for those who pay taxes to get
> > the same treatment as those who do not pay any tax.
> > That's really an unfair idea. Everyone should work
> > and make good money, so they can pay for their own
> > care.
> >
> Work at what, Comrade Willy?

Good paying jobs?

> What work needs to be done?

There are thousands of jobs in the health care
industry, that pay good money.

> What jobs are there?

There will be thousands of good-paying jobs if we can
improve the economy. There are jobs in the IT sector
that pay good money. What you need is some training
and a degree with some certifications in CIS.

> Seems there are fewer and fewer.

That's because we are in a recession.

> > The only way this is going to happen is more jobs,
> > for more people; less government and government
> > spending; and bringing down the high cost of health
> > care. There is no other way except to put people to
> > work and balance the federal budget.
> >
> Let's start by cutting the defense budget and bringing
> the troops home. Close the bases in Germany, Japan and
> Korea.

It's a good idea, but our allies can't afford to pay for
their own self-defense. Also, we have treaties to honor,
which would take an act of congress to change. But, if
the global economy was to improve, other coutries that
we help support could pay their own way.

> Those wars were over years ago, Comrade Willy.

There are currently three wars to fight: Korea, Bosnia,
and Afghanistan, not to mention the global war on the
terrorists. We won the war in Europe, Asia, and in Iraq.

> > Even an idiot can see that there will soon be more
> > old people in the system, instead of more younger
> > people paying in. It's yer basic 'Ponzi Scheme',
> > just like Social Security.
>
> So? Readjust the paradigm. I don't think it is an
> impossible task to figure out other ways of financing
> it.

Readjust a Ponzi Scheme? You're not serious, right? The
only way you can do that is to cut welfare benefits and
increase taxes on wage-earners. Good luck on that!

There are going to be more older folks in the future,
and less young people to pay in. It's really simple,
if you know basic math and economics 101.