--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "John" <jr_esq@...> wrote:

> If you have a pitta constitution, you'll understand that it's a pain
to have itches on your chest and arms.

That's not the itch I typically deal with, but thanks for the advice.
(-:

But the meditation practice tones down the itches at a milder or
manageable level.

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "seventhray1" steve.sundur@
wrote:

> > I am not sure if this applies or not. But I tend to eshew things
like beautiful sunsets, or "beautiful" days. Or at least I don't get
emotional about them. They are what they are. I neither delight in them,
nor ignore them. But my bias is to not give them much attention.

> > Kind of like the weather. You hear all the time about how "nasty"
the weather is, or how "gorgeous" of a day it is. I don't care to make
any judgements about the weather. It also is what it is. I'll take it
either way.

> > I don't know what Pantanjali might be referring to when he says all
experience is pain, (or something to that effect). But I do relate to
the part about having equanimity with all things that come ones way. I
don't know if that is Pantanjali or not, but I relate to that.

> > I have seen so many things appear to be positive, and turn out less
so, and vice-versa, that I just try to look at things in a little more
of a dispassionate way. I know I am throwing out some jargon here, but
these terms work for me.