--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "whynotnow7" <whynotnow7@...> wrote:

> wtf? I ask you a question and all of a sudden you are the victim of spiritual
> one-upsmanship?

<Snip>

Hey Jim,

It came on the heels of a pretty harsh post from you which said :

<Seems like you, Curtis and Vaj enjoy wasting your time speculating about self
realization, without any attempt to accomplish it yourselves.>

There is a whole heaping helping of one upmanship in that insult stream so I
didn't know you had switched gears.  I have a hard time taking your "WTF"
seriously.  I don't believe I have read you wrong. I am taking you are face
value, you are claiming that you are in a special state of consciousness and I
am not.

I was also reading the snark in the line:   >If you are indeed self realized,
this should be a gimme for you.>

That is not the start of a friendly discussion, it was a challenge.

I don't feel as though you are being straight with me.

This was in reaction to my own post which was not a personal attack on you, but
was about ideas, and how mine differ from Maharishi's.  I don't know why you
feel compelled to make such discussions personal.  You and I have had a very
different relationship with the guy.  I am entitled to my opinion without
having to defend myself personally.

My view of self realization is independent from any of the states produced
through Maharishi's programs. But it certainly includes the ability to discuss
ideas without having to insult the person who doesn't share your beliefs.  That
would be about the lowest bar required IMO.