 From: authfriend <authfri...@yahoo.com>
To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Thursday, August 30, 2012 1:06 PM
Subject: [FairfieldLife] Re: Fwd: SEAL Book Explodes, Obama Furious

--- In mailto:FairfieldLife%40yahoogroups.com, Mike Dixon <mdixon.6569@...>
wrote:

> FWIW, I read last weak, in the Houston Chronicle, that the
> Pentagon has received a copy of the manuscript and is
> currently reviewing it to see if there are any problems,
> which has only delayed it's release.

The Pentagon obtained a copy of the published book (not the
manuscript, obviously) and is reviewing it, but not only
has this not delayed the book's release, the release date
has been moved up a week (see the NYT article I cited).

And as the paragraph I quoted noted (didn't you read it?)
the problem the Defense Department has is that the author
didn't submit the ms. for reviewing before the book was
announced, which is what he was required to do.

> As for *Swift- boating * Obama, I don't know that it does,
> by any account.

If the account in it of how bin Laden died is true, the
administration account isn't, which may be blown up into
a big deal by Obama's opponents. But I agree, if there
was anything more than that in the book, we'd have heard
about it by now, because various media outlets have got
their hands on copies of it.

> However, the W.H. seems to be nervous about this book.

No, it doesn't. That's just what the right-wingers are
claiming to promote the book. There's no evidence of
nervousness at the White House.