You're back.  I was wondering when we'd get past all the epistomological
nuances!

<curtisdeltablues@...> wrote:

> -- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Buck" dhamiltony2k5@ wrote:
>
> <Spare the rod, ruin the child.>
>
> <For right now there is something much larger and much more
high-minded going on here than these little shits going out to get high
with drugs and dragging the community down along with them.>

> <Why be part of a community if the community can't protect itself from
such erosion as young kids using drugs. >

> First let me say that your stern views are the same as the TM
administration, and when I was a mouthpiece for "pure knowledge", I
would have parroted the same. So please view the following "ripping a
new one" as directed toward this pernicious style of thinking rather
than directed at your Steven Colbert style mash-up parody,
where-does-it-end-and-you-begin, persona here.

> Here is my problem with this. The first two quotes are draconian
1950's anti-kid bullshit. And the third involves the twisted idea that
the group so powerful that it claims to lower MURDER rates and WARS, can
have its coherence significantly lowered by a few bong hits. How fragile
is your invincibility? If it can't at least get through if not purify
and correct a kid who wants to polish off a family sized bag of Cool
Ranch Doritos, are you even taking your own claims seriously at this
point? How is it gunna stop wars on the other side of the planet from
Fairfield if it can't dispel a few cough-giggle exhalations of an
incinerated plant?

> This is the equivalent to having the Great Oz's curtain come down. It
exposes the "Ideal System of Education" for what it is: a tiny
self-selected group whose motto is "please solve your problems in
advance so I can help you more." TM isn't able to help these kids grow
through this pretty normal attraction is it? So throw the bums out! Off
with their rudraksha beads. Excommunicate the sinners and cast them in
to the fiery pits of Iowa Summers. "No sutras for you", says the sidhi
Nazi.

> The more I work with kids, the more I realize that a poor carpenter
blames his tools in education. I work with the poorest kids in the
poorest counties, the Republican's "throw away" kids. And you know what?
They aren't bad kids. They aren't stupid kids even without anyone
reading to them at home usually. And if they end up getting incarcerated
after High School, it is on us, the educators.

> Sure you have your occasional psychopaths. But this kid at MIU smoking
some weed with friends hasn't met that bar yet, has he? Unredeemable for
being curious about altering his consciousness?

> So I think the kid dodged a bullet by getting kicked out of a group
that would kick out a kid in college for indulging in something that is
closer to having a beer than the Refer Madness alarmists would have us
believe. He could have been treated with some compassion and with the
idea that the miraculous TM has not worked its magic yet.

> He could have been treated with more understanding and it would have
been a nice example of how an ideal system of education should deal with
a common, predictable, developmental issue. And the other thing I know
about kids is that 19 is the new 15. Kids in college have been sheltered
in ways my generation was not. So they may have to work out some of the
kinks I went through in high school, in college.

> But in the end, the system has proven once again that the appearance
of being IDEAL is all that is being accomplished. And now fear and
conformity can reign once again in the kingdom of the Maharishi.

> > Look, these kids were part of something very large and special
within consciousness-based education. It is what their parents wanted
and were hoping for them and were providing and many have sacrificed to
make happen for their kids. Consciousness-based education. Did You Know
That Meditating Just 15 Min a Day twice a day Could Change Your Life?
You've heard of neuroplasticity, particularly in young brains? If these
little shits are going to persist in screwing up their meditations and
dulling the collective consciousness of the whole group with the smoke
and haze of marijuana and other drugs then let them go to public
education. Everyone knows the rules on drug use and meditation and why
they are there. Jeesuus. Spare the rod, ruin the child. If and when the
these children stop using marijuana they can come back to ideal
education as better prepared students to make use of a large
opportunity. Just like the adult fallen away meditators can always
re-apply to meditate in the Domes with the large groups. There is quite
a lot of empathy within the system to facilitate consciousness-based
education. If people can't follow the simple rule about drug use for the
good reasons of spiritual clarity, they should live with the consequence
until they clear up in this or some other lifetime. For right now there
is something much larger and much more high-minded going on here than
these little shits going out to get high with drugs and dragging the
community down along with them. I am entirely with Bevan on this. Why be
part of a community if the community can't protect itself from such
erosion as young kids using drugs. We're trying to do something here
that needs to be protected.

<fintlewoodlewix@> wrote:

> [...]
pot. New Kid moves in and rats ME out to the faculty. I get kicked out.
foreign students smoked pot, got ratted out. Faculty turns a blind eye
because they are from a different country. So I discovered your policy
is make examples of the Americans. I Love the meditation, and promoting
world peace. disappointed that your leaders actions and mindset don't
lead us down that path. Too many policies in place and enforced that
have created a great dissension in the movement. Hard to promote Peace
when half your movement hates you for being so unforgiving and
distrustful of people who still wanna experience different ways, AND
meditation. My name is Matthew Speer. This story isn't a secret.

Flying block, and later, out of MSAE, for having smoked pot within 6
months of his starting that block.

dad just sat quietly, while his mom just knitted and smiled and rolled
her eyes as Bevan berated him for doing such a foolish thing.

and dad are bigwigs in the TM movement.

smoked pot within 6 months of taking the TM-Sidhis course, they weren't
allowed on the course so going on the course and getting caught was de
facto lying about something extremely (one assumes) important to them.

they were all from MSAE and had been at the same party in Des Moines,
but only certain ones got caught, and they covered for the rest.